Sunday, July 25, 2010

Miserable

So... I have had the worst blood sugars in the past week or so! I was doing fantastic, and now I don't know what is going on? I haven't seen the 300's with a good site in almost 6 months, but for some reason the past two days have seen 3 of them > 300mg/dl. I feel miserable... thus the title of this post. I just keep correcting and re-checking and correcting and re-checking. I really wish I had that CGM right now... it would make life so much easier! (Or it might just stress me out beyond belief!)

The thought has crossed my mind that this month could be the BFP month with all these crazy numbers, but I've had absolutely no other symptoms of pregnancy. I'm not sure when those start either!?

I got the lab results back from my doctors office and my TSH was a little low. It had been high my last appointment and he increased my synthroid. So he said that the low TSH would make it a little harder to get pregnant, but that it would be better for the baby for it to be a little low. I don't really feel like I know nearly as much about the hypothyroidism in pregnancy as I do diabetes and pregnancy, but my doctor is a lot more worried about the thyroid problems than he is diabetes. I don't know... I trust him, but I'm definitely going to have to look into it more myself. I can't stand not knowing all I can about something so important to me!

In other news, I've come up with two research topics I'm going to work on and try to get something published. I feel like I'm waiting so long for a nurse practitioner job to open up that I might as well use my degree to do something in the mean time. I'm going to meet with one of the doctors I work with on Monday to discuss my topics. I'm also going to talk to her a little bit about the diabetes and pregnancy stuff, since she is a type 1 and has had 2 healthy pregnancies. I will say that both of my topics have to do with insulin pump therapy in pediatrics. Hopefully, she will be willing to mentor me through the whole publication process. I've done it once before, but that has been years ago!

Well... I'm going to go take a nap. This high is wiping me out... I feel just terrible! Y'all have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you feel miserable! Not to get you overexcited, but my sugar was crazy just before I found out I was pregnant. I hadn't had numbers like that in a while and I could't figure it out (I also had no other symptoms). Then, they stabalized pretty quickly, and now I'm low a lot. So, who knows?!? Finger crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two week wait can feel like forever!!! Fingers crossed for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete