Sunday, March 27, 2011

I'm still here.

I know I've been really horrible at updating my blog. I guess between changing jobs, being sick, being exhausted, and treating 129483729249 lows each day I've had a hard time finding the time to blog.

Everything has been going well with the pregnancy so far. I will be 14 weeks tomorrow, and I am thankful for it! The first trimester was really hard on me. I was sick all.the.time!! It was so bizarre how it just went away right around 12 weeks. I did get sick yesterday though, but I think it was a lot of nerves and getting too hot. So far I've had 3 ultrasounds, including the first trimester screening, which came back with a <2% chance of down syndrome or other chromosomal abnormalities. At this point I've been feeling okay... still exhausted, still having tons of lows, and now having random aches and pains, but all in all much better than the first few weeks.

In other news I have now finished two weeks in my new job. So far everything is going well. I'm definately enjoying getting to be a nurse practitioner and see patients, especially endocrine patients. It is nice to not be in the ICU anymore, and I certainly don't miss working 12 hour shifts. I've had a hard time getting used to working Monday- Friday though, but I'm sure that will get easier. Everyone has been really flexible with all my doctors visits and everything. The NP who is training me for her position will leave after this week, so I guess that after that I will see how prepared I am....

We'll see...

2 comments:

  1. I can finally share!! I'm pregnant too!! :) I've been DYING keeping it a secret, but wanted to wait until the 12 week mark to share. So far, so good. I've had tons of lows too (lots of 30s during the night) and was thankfully put on Zofran to help with my nausea. We had our NT ultrasound today - everything looks good with the baby, except I have a low-lying placenta. I guess they'll do a follow up between 16-20 weeks. Congrats too on the new job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! Glad to hear it is going well!! :o) Seems like everybody is getting pregnant!

    ReplyDelete