Saturday, November 20, 2010

4th time is a charm???

UGH!!! I have spent the past two days and nights sick... again! This would be my 4th stomach virus of the year (not that I'm counting or anything). And, oh boy, does it get worse!! This past week goes as follows...

Friday (11/12) 3:30AM- I wake up in excruciating pain

Saturday (11/13) - Diagnosed with muscle strain in my neck. Prescribed Flexeril, Darvocet, and Lodine

Sunday (11/14) - Still some pain, but getting better

Monday (11/15) - Work, day goes alright, just a small amount of pain, take Motrin. I realize that I have an ulcer on my lip the size of a pencil eraser. Start applying vaseline to my lip round the clock to keep it from cracking open.

Tuesday (11/16) - At work in PICU, 11:10am realize I have a UTI when I go to pee and it feels like razor blades. Work til 7:00Pm so I just stopped by Publix and bought some Cranberry Juice on the way home. Pushing fluids. Still taking flexeril at night for neck pain.

Wednesday (11/17) - Work. We had one call in, so just me and Jill to cover phones, pump trainings, and clinic. (Impossible). MY UTI IS KILLING ME!! I realize at 2:45pm when Jill tells me that she is leaving early to go to a hair appointment that there is no chance in hell that I'm gonna get to leave early to go to the doctor. I write myself a prescription for Bactrim and have one of the doctors sign it.

As a side note here- I take a CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL prescription, where it is CLEARLY obvious that I have written the prescription and had someone else sign it, to CVS. They actually filled it! SCORE!!

Thursday (11/18) - Work. Not a bad day. Get home to see a surprise 36 mg/dl staring back at me from my meter. Treat the low. Start feeling horrible.

10:00PM- Vomiting starts and continues every 15-30 minutes throughout the rest of the night. Enter diarrhea. I am laying on the bathroom floor begging God to take it all away and help me to feel better.

Friday (11/19) - Vomiting stops at 5:00AM. Cramps start at 9:00 AM (Oh, yeah... my period is supposed to start today... YIPPY!!) Basically feel like my food is 2 seconds away from coming up all day... sleep A LOT!!


SO... HOW IS THAT FOR A WEEK!!!  A strained neck muscle, ulcerated lip, UTI, stomach virus, and a yet to start but impending period... Geez!!!

Hope ya'll have a better week that I have had!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you're feeling better :( I strained my back 2 days ago painting our house and have been using leftover vicodin from when I had my wisdom teeth out - definitely not fun. Hopefully you were able to have the day off for Thanksgiving??
    Also when you come out west one of these days I'll definitely give you some "go to" places! We're originally from Napa Valley, so we're used to playing tour guide :) Some must sees for you guys would be San Francisco, Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, Napa, and Disneyland.

    ReplyDelete