Thursday, November 4, 2010

Random Goings On...

Hi all! I just wanted to type out a quick entry to share with everyone what all as been going on in my life recently. Let's see... the past couple weeks have been BUSY!!


It all started on the weekend of the 23rd. Adam and I got a chance to take a little trip to a lake nearby in Wedowee Alabama for the weekend. We just went away together. On Friday night we cooked pancakes and watched scary movies. The cabin was 4 miles down a dirt road without anything in site. It had a huge common room with windows all around so it made watching scary movies all that much scarier! I loved it! Then on Saturday I got up super early and watched the sunrise and drank some coffee. AF showed that day so I was feeling a little crappy, but I just took it easy and we had a lazy day. I cooked us some breakfast and we watched Gameday and then we played card games and read books and watched football all day. We grilled steaks and made smores that night on a fire pit. Then Sunday morning we just woke up early and laid around for a while. It was a great get-away for us!





When we got home I worked Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I had my doctors appointment that I already talked about. It was a really terrible day at work that day, but then I had the great report from the doctor. That night my friend Jenny was in town so we had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate a good report! It was awesome!


Last Friday was The Rocky Horror Picture Show Masquerade Ball!! I love it! I go every year. This year Adam's friend Jolene and my friend Jenny went with me. It was a blast as usual!! I love to dress all crazy and go and participate in the show. It is definitely my favorite thing about Halloween.





Then on Saturday I got up early and my friend Jill and I went to diabetes camp down in Alex City for Camp Seale Harris' Family Weekend. We had to talk for about an hour and a half about insulin pumps and technology to the families with kids with diabetes. It was good and our talk went well. We had a lot of interaction from the families so that definitely helped us out! After our talk was finished we went out and just enjoyed the day. The weather was AMAZING! We played on the playground, did the zipline, sat out on a pier and talked, and walked a nature trail. It was a fantastic day, until.....


About 7pm that night I got a text from Adam saying to call my mother ASAP because my grandmother had had a stroke. This was her 2nd stroke. She had one back in 2008 in the week between when Adam's dad died and when my dad died. This time it affected her speech. Luckily her movement wasn't affected too much, but unlucky for everyone she can't really figure out words and she gets confused at times about who she is and who we are. It is really sad and frustrating for her. I went and stayed with her in the hospital all day on Tuesday. It was good to just get to spend some one-on-one time with her. She is in really good spirits considering!

Yesterday was my mom's birthday. My grandmother was moved to HealthSouth rehab yesterday for 3 weeks so hopefully they will be able to make some progress with her and she will show some improvements soon.

My birthday is Monday and our anniversary is on Wednesday next week, so lots of happy coming in the next couple days.

In baby making news, it is O time again, so cross fingers for something good to happen! :)

If you made it through all of that, I'm impressed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment