Friday, May 14, 2010

What a day!

Okay... I feel like I am totally failing at life right now! Today is a really hard day for me... It is my sweet daddy's birthday. He would have been 63 today. I miss him and his advice so terribly! He was always like a steady place in my life and always pushed me to do my best. I went up to see my mom last week and went by the cemetery and I know it is corny, but I talked to him and I told him that we were planning on having a baby soon. It is going to be a long journey without him, and I know I'm not alone, but I wish he were still around.

As far as dlife goes... today was a roller coaster!! I changed my site this morning (back to the quickset) and it hurt immediately. I had to go to an awful computer class today (the hospital I work at is going to online charting next month... NIGHTMARE!!). Well I debated for the first several hours about if my site was working or not. BGs were down to 60 and then up to 233 (AHHHH!!). So on my break from the class I went down to the pump classroom (I teach insulin pumps which is pretty convenient for having my own issues) and I got a sure t and popped that baby in!! I'm pretty sure I'm sold on those now... It is just so nice to know they are working! So then... this afternoon I still stayed on the high side... I corrected... still kinda high... corrected again... then I had a 126. (Yay!)

So I started the long trek home... I live about 25 minutes from work but in rush hour it takes about and hour and a half to get home! About half way home I realize I am really crashing! My bg was 41 and I was starting to see funny, so I pulled over and had an out of body experience... NO I didn't pass out, but I did binge MAJORLY on some Dunkin Donuts. Then it was like I suddenly came out of a thick fog to say... WHAT THE HECK DID YOU JUST DO?? Ugh... sometimes I wonder if I'm ever going to be able to get it together enough to get pregnant!

I'm feeling so down right now... I just feel like I can't handle myself, and I don't know why I'm on such an up and down ride like this. I e-mailed our regional clinical manager from Medtronic today and found out I'm going to have to order the entire $1,000 CGM kit even though I already have half of the things included it the kit. I also called Medtronic today to see if I could just ditch the quicksets and get sure t's instead, but my shipment already went out, so they said once they come in I can swap them for sure ts.

Ah.... I need to have someone to come up and give me a great big hug and tell me it is all going to be okay. If only Adam could hurry up and get off work.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leslie,
    Reading your post I can so understand. I too worry about my ability to keep everything under control all the time when pregnant. I am in the planning stage now. Been working really hard on keeping everything within the 4.5-5.5 range, and below 8 post meal. Most of the time I do really well, but then I have a day, or days, or even a week where things just don't cooperate. I use the CGM and it is great because at least i can see what is going on and react more quickly.
    I live in Canada and the sensors are not covered so the expense can be overwhelming. I feel so guilty sometimes because of the cost and knowing that I could be saving this money but my husband and I really want a babay so i rationalize and always end up believing i am doing the best for myself by using them.
    Anyhoo....test, correct, and move on is my motto these days.
    When do you think you guys will start trying?
    I am hoping to start by September
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete